Monday, December 1, 2008

Fred Muram's I'm Going Baldessari

Fred Muram's project I'm Going Baldessari wonderfully incorporates elements of humor and absurdity, qualities that, in my opinion, don't surface enough in contemporary photography. I'll let Muram take it from here:

"I want my audience to experience images and video that can be understood within the context of similar experiences that might have occurred within their own lives. As individuals we share so much in common with other people, but we are isolated within our own minds. There is a disconnectedness created between every individual and their surrounding universe that is fundamentally integrated through that person’s ability to accept sensory information and respond with language.

The work I create relies not only on my interactions with people, but the exchanges I observe between other people and social groups. These interactions are not limited to people; I have also explored inter-species behavior and how animals react to unfamiliar environments in recent work, and have since come to realize that there are many instances in which we can learn about ourselves by trying to understand the reality of other creatures."













From Top To Bottom:

I'm Going Baldessari - Makes Green

I'm Going Baldessari - Security System

I'm Going Baldessari - Region Appropriate

I'm Going Baldessari - 's Automobile

I'm Going Baldessari - Dots At Rest

All Images © Fred Muram