Monday, February 23, 2009

Paul Graham's Shimmer of Possibility

In light of his current exhibition at MoMA, I thought I'd post a few images from Paul Graham's wonderful series A Shimmer of Possibility. Published as a 12 volume set by Steidl, this expansive project explores the distinctly overlooked, under appreciated moments of American life. This quote, taken from the NPR website, in which Graham discusses a particular sequence from the project says more than I ever could:

"I know it seems crazy, but I'm asking you to trust me and enjoy this quiet journey. Just slow down and look at this ordinary moment of life. See how beautiful it is, see how life flows around us, how everything shimmers with possibility."

You can see the sequence that Graham references here.

a shimmer of possibility
Photographs by Paul Graham
MoMA
11 West 53 Street, New York, NY
February 4–May 18, 2009










All photographs from the series A Shimmer of Possibility

All Images © Paul Graham